POPHAM BASED YAK-52 – FIFTH SHARE – £10,950 United Kingdom
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING?
The aircraft was built in 1991 as one of the last major batches for the Soviet DOSAAF training organisation, incorporating all the major design modifications at manufacture.
It was imported into the UK in 1994, still in its crate having not been delivered to the DOSAAF, as a new aircraft having flown minimal hours. It was reassembled and placed on the UK register in March 1996 as G-YAKX.
Since 1997 The X-Fliers Ltd have operated G-YAKX, hangared at the accessible and popular GA friendly Popham airfield in Hampshire. The aircraft has been carefully maintained and is in excellent and original condition; all applicable AD’s have been complied with.
The aircraft wears a Soviet Air Force colour scheme with a registration dispensation from the CAA.
The operating company has a comprehensive Shareholders Agreement in place covering all aspects of ownership & operations, legally reviewed in 2015.
There are extensive accrued bank funds for the major long term lifed items covering the engine, propeller, lifetime extension, flexible hoses & triennial inspections, together with annualised expenditure funds for hangarage, maintenance & insurance. All clearly communicated in monthly financial statements.
While we encourage aerobatics, at a safe altitude with suitable training, we do not support the aircraft being used for competitive purposes or for display flying. To further help manage our liability we also require a passenger waiver form to be completed, with a minimum age of 18.
WHAT ARE YOU PURCHASING?
A fifth shareholding in The X-Fliers Ltd, a registered private limited (by shares) company, that holds the following assets;
- 1991 YAK-52 G-YAKX 1260hrs airframe, 680hrs engine, 33hrs propeller, long life hoses, permit -> March 2020, recent harnesses, TRIG 8.33 radio & TRIG Mode S transponder
- £32,000 in accrued funds
- Accessories including a PowerTow tug, full size towbar, 2 Russian chutes, 2 annually serviced life jackets, misc. tools, set of Cambrai Covers, external air cylinders & c.75 litres of oil
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A SHAREHOLDER?
- An experienced and capable aviator/aviatrix with a commitment to safety
- Someone able to work constructively as part of a team
- No accidents or CAA prosecutions
- Eligible to be a Company Director (solvent, no criminal record)
- Insurance requirement minima 100+hrs SEP. Preference will be given to more experienced pilots
WHAT ARE YOUR COMMITMENTS?
- Monthly charge £216.78
- Hourly charge (dry) £73.27
- Any unbudgeted expenditure is shared equally between shareholders
WHAT ARE WE ASKING FOR A FIFTH SHAREHOLDING?
- £10,950, no VAT is applicable
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Rob Rowe (Company Secretary)
- 07976 850533 (any time)