Merlin Montgomery Gyrocopter for Sale United Kingdom
Merlin Montgomery Gyrocopter for Sale
Price £6750 OVNO
The Merlin features a single-seat open cockpit with a fairing and a windshield, tricycle landing gear with wheel pants and a twin cylinder, air-cooled, two-stroke, single-ignition 64 hp (48 kW) Rotax 582 engine. It comes with fully sprung and dampened main wheel suspension to reduce fatigue on the airframe and pilot, and reduce the take-off run.
This Merlin is fitted with the drop keel modification and an alteration to the propeller thrust in relation to the centre of mass of the aircraft. The lowered thrust line passes directly through the centre of mass (depending on pilot weight and fuel load) of the aircraft to reduce the risk of a powered push over in the event of pilot mishandling. The engine is regularly started and runs smoothly. This is an excellent example of a Merlin Montgomery Gyrocopter and is being sold with Purpose built trailer and rotor box. However, it is out of permit and this is reflected in the price.
• Crew: one
• Empty weight: 145 kg (320 lb)
• Gross weight: 295 kg (650 lb)
• Fuel capacity: 50 litres (11 imp gal; 13 US gal)
• Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 582 twin cylinder, liquid-cooled, two stroke aircraft engine, 48 kW (64 hp)
• Main rotor diameter: 7.01 m (23 ft 0 in)
• Propellers: 3-bladed composite
• Cruise speed: 120 km/h (75 mph; 65 kn)
• Rate of climb: 4.5 m/s (890 ft/min)